Telecoms Telephone Numbers
Andrews & Arnold Ltd now have a wide range of UK telephone numbers available, including local numbers in every area code, special numbers (e.g. free phone, or local rate), new UK wide (03) numbers, and even mobile numbers.
Silver and gold
We classify numbers tin/bronze, silver and gold. This depends on how nice the number is. Most numbers are tin or bronze, and have our normal low cost for them to be active or reserved. Silver numbers cost a little more, and gold numbers even more. When you pick a number you can say if you want to only consider tin/bronze or also see silver and gold numbers.
Some numbers are classified as platinum (e.g. 222222 or 654321) or even taxi which cost a lot more. Contact sales for these.
Buying a number
We sell phone numbers. This means you can pick a number or numbers, pay us for that number, and then make use of it. We charge an on-going monthly charge for the number. There is no minimum term, but no refund if you cease a number.
- You can simply have the number diverted to somewhere else - this is common for existing businesses that need an extra number, such as taxi firms. In this case we charge our normal call rates for the diverted call which for a land-line destination is under 2p/minute. We can even make it ring several numbers at once.
- You can make use of a SIP handset, typically on a broadband line, which gives you a phone that has the number. It rings when people call, and you can make calls from it just like any other phone. The calls go via your internet connection. There are various types of phone as we sell some of them. You can even get DECT cordless phones to use around your house or office.
- You can route calls to your own SIP telephone system. This is ideal for offices that have a phone system and telephone extensions.
Reserving a number
Some times you don't want to use the number right away. This is usually for companies that want to have some numbers for staff phones, but want to reserve a larger block so they can activate more numbers later as they need. This keeps all of the numbers together in a block. You can reserve numbers when ordering blocks of 10 or more, and then activate individual numbers as an when. There is a smaller on-going monthly charge for reserved numbers.
You can only reserve our "tin/bronze" numbers. Silver and gold numbers cannot be reserved. If you want to reserve a block of numbers that contains a silver or gold number you will have to activate that number whilst reserving the rest. When activating a number there is no refund of the reservation fee which is charged in advance to the end of your billing period.
When picking a number you have a lot of choice
- First, you tell us what area code you want the number to be in. If your choice is not clear we offer a list of areas. You can also pick more than one area to pick sets of similar numbers in several areas at once.
- You tell us if you want to consider only bronze, or silver and gold as well.
- You can pick single numbers or a pair of numbers, and can even say a sequence of up to 3 digits that you want to appear in the numbers
- You can ask to reserve a block of 10, 20, 50 or 100 numbers in an area. Again, you say if you want to consider silver or gold numbers being in the block or not. If the block has silver or gold numbers these are activated immediately. The rest of the block remains reserved and you can activate as and when you need via our control pages.
- You can even ask for a pair of adjacent numbers if you wish.
|Reserved (tin/bronze) number||£0.01+VAT||£0.10+VAT pcm|
|Tin/Bronze number||£0.10+VAT||£1.00+VAT pcm|
|Silver number||£1.00+VAT||£2.00+VAT pcm|
|Gold number||£10.00+VAT||£5.00+VAT pcm|
|Platinum number||£100.00+VAT||£10.00+VAT pcm|
|Taxi number||£1000.00+VAT||£20.00+VAT pcm|
Charges for numbers are made in advance for a whole billing period (depends on your chosen billing cycle) and not refunded if numbers are ceased during the period already billed.