Legal Consumer Protection
This page provides details of additional rights you have when buying as a consumer, and information we are required to provide in accordance with the The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
These rights only apply if you are buying goods and/or services from us as a consumer.
Information relating to distance and off-premises contracts
- Our web pages detail the nature of the goods and services you are buying. Please ask if you are unsure of any aspects of the descriptions.
- We are Andrews & Arnold Ltd, a limited company registered in England & Wales No 3342760.
- We are established at Enterprise Court, Downmill Road, BRACKNELL, RG12 1QS. Telephone (basic rate) 03333400000. Email email@example.com. We do not have a fax number. See our contact pages for more ways to contact us including SMS and irc.
- Prices and payment methods are detailed on your order confirmation when placing your order. We do not guarantee installation or delivery dates.
- Please see details of our complaint handling policy
- You have a right to cancel your order for goods within 14 days of receipt of the goods. To cancel, please use the cancellation order form detailed below. You will need to return the goods and all packaging promptly and at your cost. If the goods are damaged any more than would be if you inspected them in a shop, then we may reduce your refund accordingly.
- You have a right to cancel your order for services within 14 days of order. By ordering any services for provision as soon as possible, or for a date within 14 days of order you understand that your right to cancel ceases when service is provided within 14 days, even if you have not started using the service provided. Even if cancelled before we provide service you may have to pay us for work that has been done towards providing the service.
- Where any goods or services are customised for you, then you have no right to cancel.
- Where we are supplying goods, we have a legal obligation to ensure that the goods supplied meet the description we provided.
- Goods are normally provided with a one year guarantee, unless otherwise stated. Whilst we will usually provide after-sales assistance relating to any goods supplied, this is not part of the sales contract and provided purely on a good will basis.
- Details of minimum terms and termination arrangements for each service are detailed on our web pages for that service. Some services (e.g. Home::1 broadband) have a minimum term (6 or 12 months) and you are charged an early termination fee if you cease or migrate service sooner. In some case a cease charge is also applicable - this does not apply to Home::1, Office::1, or if migrating a service to another provider.
- For communications services we are a member of CISAS who provide an alternative dispute resolution service for customers that follow our complaints procedure and meet the necessary requirements.
Right to cancel
You have a right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
For sale of goods, the cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you (or your representative) acquire physical possession of the goods supplied.
For services, the cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day of the conclusion of the contract (i.e. when we accept your order). However, ordering services as soon as possible, or for a date within 14 days of order means your right to cancel will expire once the service is provided within 14 days of order, even if you are not yet using the service provided.
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us Andrews & Arnold Ltd, Enterprise Court, Downmill Road, BRACKNELL, RG12 1QS, of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, or e-mail). You may use the attached model cancellation form, but it is not obligatory.
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
If you cancel the contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than-
(a) 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or
(b) (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods, or
(c) if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us, without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
You will have to bear the direct costs of returning the goods.
You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
If you request to begin the performance of services during the cancellation period (as is normal for most of our broadband services), you shall pay us an amount which is in proportion to what has been performed until you have communicated us your cancellation from this contract, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract. This may mean paying us the costs we have incurred to suppliers.
Model cancellation form
To Andrews & Arnold Ltd, Enterprise Court, Downmill Road, BRACKNELL, RG12 1QS, firstname.lastname@example.org:
I/We[*] hereby give notice that I/We[*] cancel my/our[*] contract of sale of the following goods[*] / for the supply of the following service[*],
Ordered on [*]/received on [*],
Name of consumer(s),
Address of consumer(s),
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper).
[*] Delete as appropriate.